31 January 2009

Charles Krauthammer: Pres. Obama's kissing Middle East ass

Shit. A conservative I agree with? What is the world coming to.

But seriously. I actually don't think he went far enough. Is America enemies with the "Muslim world?" No. But here is a list of things I think we should be enemies of:

Killing children just because they are Jewish

Beheading bus riders
Religious persecution
Again, killing children
Infringing on Americans rights ON American soil
Throwing family members out of windows
Killing aide workers
Attacking people based on their sexual orientation
Beheading pro-government tribal leaders
Abusing societies disaffected

I could go one but I got tired of copy/pasting links. But you should get my drift. Was the Iraq war a mistake and thoroughly mishandled? Dear God yes. Was Afganistan mishandled? Again, yes.

But at what point are Americans and other "kum-bi-ya why can't we all just get along" left-wing nut jobs understand that not everyone can be friends with everyone? There are times when one side's "philosophy" is just so out of whack, that you have to step in and say, "hey, I'm not perfect, but even I know what you're doing is FUBAR and I'm going to have to impose my will on you."

No, America isn't enemies with Muslims everywhere or even Islam. But we should be enemies of the evil actions committed in the name of the "Muslim world" or Islam.

And damn if we should apologize for doing what we think is right to stop atrocities such as those listed above.

No comments: