13 May 2008

Rare Acts of Unscripted Kindness

(Hat Tip) to my mom for e-mailing me this article.

I used to play softball, and have played several other sports. In my time playing and watching sports, I have never seen such genuine and compassionate displays of sportsmanship as these two girls show.

To me, "sportsmanship" has always been a vague term. Beyond playing fairly
, treating each other and the other team with respect, and recognizing the other teams win or your loss with honesty (not, "they only won because our star player was injured"), sportsmanship has never really looked like anything to me. It's not like there are a lot of good examples out there.

Now it does. This is what sportsmanship looks like. It is too bad more of these unscripted acts aren't seen in all sports - from pewee football to professional arenas.

No comments: