31 May 2008

This is one ship I'd rather not go down with

This will be my second presidential election, and may I just mention that I am a very unhappy voter. Not once has my vote nor my voice mattered.

I am now struggling with a choice: Do I hold my nose as they say, and vote for someone I truly believe with no reservations what-so-ever is a mistake for this country, do I cross party lines and vote for experience at the cost of social advancement, or do I sit this one out and pray like crazy for a better choice in 4 years?

Or do I start a donation fund to myself so I can move to Canada?

I really can't justify not voting - after all, I'm always the one to tell non-voters "when things don't go your way, you don't have the right to bitch about it cause you didn't vote." But if I do vote, I will be voting against what I know to be my self interests, my economic interests, and my county's interests.

How can I just "hold me nose" and vote in the face of all that?

2 comments:

Caspur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caspur said...

You could always write in your vote. I think it counts if you at least go to the polls, even if you do not vote for the candidates presented. You know who I support, but more importantly that you go and make your voice heard.